Wednesday 26 June 2013

"Get the Fundamentals down or the fancy stuff won't work." -Randy Pausch


Fundamentals in draftsmanship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=vXoLPU9AklY

The title of this post has become a personal motto for this summer leading into my 3rd year of University. So far I don't feel as if I have bettered my illustration work in the first two years enough and for a long time I blamed my tutors/course for that. Surprisingly that whole 'pointing the finger' is counterproductive...

With this new philosophy sparked into life I am kindling the fire with Feng Zhu's school of design tutorials as well as fanning the flames with a new Youtube channel 'CGMWORKSHOPS'. If you haven't checked these guys out already and you have felt the same way I did, check them out; its a lot of hard work and swallowing of pride but I already see it paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment